Have you tried cauliflower rice yet? It’s one of the key staples of the Paleo diet (lean proteins, fruit, and veggies only) as a substitute for standard grain rice. When I first heard of it, I was skeptical: Rice made from a vegetable? It just sounded strange!
Searching for more mouth-watering, healthy Paleo recipes? Try our exclusive recipe for Paleo Cream of Mushroom Soup or plan a week’s worth of Paleo dinners with these 8 easy recipes.
Turns out that cauliflower rice is delicious! Not only is it tasty, it’s a budget-friendly way to get the whole family — even the kids! — to eat healthy. When prepared in the right dishes, it’s the perfect substitute for rice . . . and you won’t even miss the original.
Want to try it out yourself? Try cooking my Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe that you can make in about ten minutes tonight! With just a few ingredients, you’ll have a delicious Asian-inspired dish that’s low in calories. And best of all, your kids will eat every last bite, too. (It’s up to you to tell them it’s cauliflower and not real rice!)
10-Minute Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
- One head of cauliflower
- One Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 bag frozen peas and carrots (I always look for Birdseye frozen veggie coupons!)
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 eggs
- Green onions (optional)
- Cut up your head of cauliflower and place florets in a blender. Pulse until cauliflower is a fine texture, approximately the size of standard grains of rice.
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add cauliflower rice to your pan; add about 1 cup of the frozen vegetables. Add the soy sauce.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until most of the moisture has cooked off.
- Beat together 3 eggs in a bowl. Make a space in the center of your rice and add eggs to the center and cook.
- Stir the eggs into the rice until fully combined.
- Serve — add green onions as garnish if you like!
Got the cauliflower rice craving now? Here are 10 more recipes you’ll definitely want to try:
1. Broccoli & Cauliflower Rice Chicken Casserole
Source: From Cats to Cooking
What could make cauli-rice even tastier? Shredded cheese! Between the mozzarella and the Italian five-cheese blend, picky hubbies and even picky kids won’t know there are healthy vegetables hidden in this hearty casserole.
2. Sweet Chili Coconut-Lime Grilled Chicken with Coconut-Lime Cauliflower Rice
Source: Iowa Girl Eats
Stuff some summer flavors in your cauliflower rice with sweet chili sauce, coconut milk, and lime juice. Trust me, your chicken will thank you!
3. Chicken Enchilada Cauliflower Rice Bowls
Source: Recipe Runner
Even a Paleo diet can’t keep you from the amazing flavors of a chicken enchilada. This one is stuffed black beans, grilled corn, cilantro, black olives, tomatoes — and, of course, seasoned cauliflower rice and chicken. Yum!
4. Cauliflower Rice Fish Taco Bowls
Source: Julie’s Eats & Treats
If you haven’t tried mango yet, you need to drop what you’re doing and go eat one now. These rich fruits are bursting with intensely amazing flavor, and they pair perfectly with cauliflower rice and mahi mahi in these tasty fish taco bowls.
5. Mango Chicken with Coconut Cauliflower Rice
Source: Food Faith Fitness
Hooked on mango now? I completely understand. That’s why this Whole 30-approved recipe for crispy mango chicken and coconut-infused cauliflower rice is one of my faves — and will be yours, too!
6. Crispy Peanut Tofu Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry
Source: Minimalist Baker
Take healthy to a whole new level with crispy peanut tofu that’s baked to perfection (not fried) and tossed into this stir fry along with yummy cauliflower rice.
7. Low-Carb Turkey Casserole with Mushrooms, Mozzarella & Cauliflower Rice
Source: Kalyn’s Kitchen
If I told you this recipe includes cauliflower, onions, and mushrooms, you probably wouldn’t believe me. Why? Because it tastes so good!
8. Cauliflower Rice Lettuce Cups with Sriracha Peanut Sauce
Source: Veggie & the Beast
If your No. 1 foodie treat is Thai food, try making these cauliflower rice-filled lettuce cups in your own kitchen. This recipe comes with a kickin’, zesty sriracha peanut sauce that blows my taste buds out of the water every time.
9. Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff with Cauliflower Rice
One of my favorite comfort foods is a piping hot dish of beef stroganoff. Pair yours with some yummy cauliflower rice — this recipe is dairy-free and Paleo and Whole 30-approved!
10. Bursting Tomato & Cauliflower Rice Caprese Salad
Source: Whole & Heavenly Oven
Caprese salad is the perfect light snack for hot summer days, and you can give yours a little burst of flavor with bursting cherry tomatoes and lightly seasoned cauli-rice.
Your turn! Have you tried making my Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe, or do you have another cauliflower rice recipe to share? Let me know in the comments bel