My entire family loves roasted chicken, but I’ve found that it’s cheaper and much easier to just purchase a rotisserie chicken from the local grocery store. They’re always perfectly cooked, juicy, and full of flavor.
You don’t have to settle for plain roasted chicken, though. A rotisserie chicken is the perfect start to a lot of simple family dinners. I’ve picked 10 of my favorite rotisserie chicken recipes, so give them a try and let me know which one is your favorite!
1. Chicken Broccoli Pasta
Source: Buns in My Oven
My chicken broccoli pasta is so comforting on a cold night and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
Yield: Serves 4-6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound Campanelle pasta
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling water. Set the timer for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse and chop the broccoli into bite-sized florets. When the pasta has cooked for 7 minutes, add the broccoli to the pot and continue cooking for 3 minutes or until the pasta is al dente and the broccoli is bright green and tender crisp.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and continue whisking for 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk slowly. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, until the sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and return to the pan. Stir in the chopped chicken. Top with the cheese sauce, stir to coat, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Mac & Cheese with Roasted Chicken
Source: My Baking Addiction
This mac and cheese recipe gets flavor from the tangy goat cheese and fresh rosemary. The juicy chicken makes it a one-dish dinner.
3. Chicken Enchilada Orzo Soup
Source: Inside BruCrew Life
Busy night? You can have a home-cooked meal on the table in just 20 minutes with this mildly spicy chicken soup.
4. Chicken, Fennel & Zucchini Pasta Salad
Source: The Novice Chef
This warm pasta salad is packing a flavorful punch. The dressing is simply Tabasco and olive oil and the salad itself is full of chicken, zucchini, and fennel.
5. Chicken & Corn Stuffed Chiles
Source: Taste and Tell
Mild poblano chiles are stuffed with chicken and corn in this flavor-packed dish. Don’t skip the lime sour cream for drizzling over the top!
6. Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili
Source: The Lemon Bowl
Rotisserie chicken is just made to be tossed in the slow cooker. Combined with white beans, tomatoes, and plenty of Mexican spice, this chili recipe will hit the spot.
7. Sriracha Chicken Bundles
Source: Lemons for Lulu
Spice dinner up with these little chicken bundles. Cool, creamy cheese and juicy chicken are packed with flavorful sriracha and stuffed inside a biscuit before baking up into dinner perfection.
8. Creamy Chicken Taquitos
Source: Nutmeg Nanny
These creamy chicken taquitos are packed full of cream cheese, chicken, and salsa, making an easy dinner or appetizer that you won’t be able to quit eating.
9. Weight Watchers Chicken & Dumplings
Save both time and calories with this simple dish full of comfort food. By replacing dumplings with tortillas you’ll make things easier on yourself and keep it diet friendly.
10. Blue Cheese Chicken Salad Wraps
Source: Willow Bird Baking
The bold flavors of blue cheese paired with the mellow chicken and bite of radishes will make these your new favorite wrap. You’ll have these on the table in minutes!