The football, the food, the halftime show and commercials—sports fan or not, the Super Bowl is the perfect excuse to party. Get your game face on and throw a bash your friends will remember without stressing yourself out. Here’s how to tackle the details.
- Cut square coasters out of Astroturf for a creative way to protect your furniture. You can find an inexpensive version for about $2 per square foot at your local hardware store.
- Rearrange your furniture if necessary to maximize seating, streamline traffic flow or create better viewing options.
- If you have the space, set up a TV in one room for hard-core fans who want to watch without distractions and a TV in another room for casual party-goers. You’ll make both sets happier.
- Place garbage/recycling bins in convenient places outside of the kitchen to ease traffic and encourage guests to toss their stuff (so you don’t have to later).
- Spring for sturdy disposable plates and cups. You may have to spend a little up front, but you’ll save your carpet and furniture cleaning.
- Super Bowl ads are a big deal—have fun during the timeouts with commercial Bingo. Create your own cards and fill squares with things that guests can easily find in an ad, like talking animals or celebrities.
- Kids invited? Set up a play area for them. Save up to $8 on Hasbro games.
- Don’t keep all the food in the kitchen—place snacks and appetizers in a variety of spots for easy access. Plus, it will encourage guests to move around and mingle.