Heat styling can temporarily leave your hair smooth and silky, but excessive heat styling ultimately leaves your hair dry, brittle and prone to breakage. Thankfully, it’s not necessary to use heat in your hair styling routine to achieve a sleek and beautiful look. No-heat hair styling is an easy way to maintain the health of your hair and shave minutes off your morning beauty routine. Here is a collection of the best tips, tricks and hacks for no heat hair styling.
The Perfect No-Heat Waves
Flowing, loose waves are trending this season, and you can achieve this beachy look with just two products and a few easy steps.
- First, you’ll need to rub a quarter-sized amount of light hold gel through wet hair from root to tip. Pantene’s Volume 24 Hour weightless gel is a good bet.
- Then add a few spritzes of Pantene’s Volume Touchable hairspray to smooth split ends.
- Use your hands to scrunch your hair, and the hold from the hair gel will accentuate the natural curl of your hair.
- Once your hair dries completely, you’ll be left with beautiful loose waves that will last all day long.
The Secret to Foolproof Braids
Braids are the no-heat hair styler’s best friend. They provide two days of fashionable hair with only a few minutes of work, but they can sometimes be tricky due to slick hair that won’t stay in place–unless you’re using the right products.
- The first step is to spray dry shampoo into the roots of your hair. We like to use Suave Keratin dry shampoo or Pantene Original Fresh dry shampoo.
- After applying the product, use your hands to rub the dry shampoo into your roots and along the length of your hair. Dry shampoo will provide fantastic volume to your roots, and the slightly gritty texture will help your braid stay in place.
- To add a little bit of extra staying power, mist a light-hold hairspray onto your hair and brush through before beginning your braid. These two products will help you achieve the perfect braid every time.
No-Heat Hair Styling Secret Weapons
No-heat hair styling is incredibly easy when you have the right products. Hair ties and bobby pins can easily create quick and classic hairstyles like ponytails and chignons without using any heat.
If you’re looking for a way to achieve bouncy spiral curls without the damage that a curling iron creates, pick up foam spiral curlers. After prepping wet hair with a dollop of gel, wrap a small section of hair around the foam curler and bring the ends together to secure the curl. These spiral rollers are comfortable enough to wear overnight, so you’ll wake up with magazine-worthy curls in the morning.
Ashley is a beauty and fashion blogger at Ashley Brooke, where she helps her readers achieve a high-end look without the high-end prices.
Ashley shares the best beauty finds, makeup tutorials, and tips for looking beautiful and feeling confident at any age.