In honor of National Teachers Appreciation week—and with the end of the school year approaching—here’s our “top five” list of awesome teachers’ gifts. Say thanks to your favorite educators with these creative ideas.
- This will require a little advance planning, but ask each student in your son or daughter’s class to write a poem or draw a picture, then put them all together into a scrapbook. Save 40% on a scrapbook from Joann’s.
- Fill a small basket with apple-scented soaps and lotions for a twist on the classic apple theme. We like the Country Apple line from Bath & Body Works (save with these coupon codes).
- Spray chalkboard paint onto a terracotta pot and have your child write a special message on the pot. Fill it with flower bulbs or herbs.
- Create a summer survival kit. Fill a canvas tote bag with a beach towel, sunscreen (save $1.00 now) and magazine. For a personal touch, kids can use fabric paint to decorate the tote.
- Give a bouquet of flowers in a vase fit for a teacher with this idea we found on Pinterest. Take a circular vase with straight sides and glue colored pencils or your classic number two pencils vertically around it. Use measuring tape to tie a bow around the vase.
Final Word: The best gifts for teachers include a personalized message from your child. With the gift, encourage your student to write about a favorite lesson, a field trip they loved or a significant school year memory.