Can smell the pumpkin spice latte in the air? It’s official: Today marks the last day of summer and the beginning of all things fall. It’s time to put away the sandals and break out the cardigans. And even though the warmer days are behind you, you can easily transition your summer wardrobe to fall by following these easy fashion tips.
- Not sure where to start? Head to your closet and simply reorganize. Move your summer pieces to the back and put your long-sleeve sweaters, knit cardigans and the like in the front so they are easy to see and wear. You might also be surprised at how many great pieces you already own when you freshen up your closet with this simple trick.
- Style with autumn staples like scarves, hats and beanies. Of course, you can wear these accessories in the summer but transition them to fall by dressing them up in fall color tones. Accessories like these serve the purpose of keeping you both stylish and warm.
- The temperatures are falling, but that doesn’t mean that you have to get rid of all your warm weather attire. You can continue to wear your summer shorts and skirts as long as you add a pair of opaque tights underneath to freshen up for fall.
- One of the biggest fall trends this year is cutout boots. Cutout ankle boots are a fun way to turn any look from casual to chic while also amping up your style IQ. But if cutouts aren’t your thing, then stick with knee-high boots, which are a definite fall classic.
- Last but not least, learn to layer in fall colors. Begin by color coordinating in traditional fall hues like deep oranges, bold burgundies, jewel-toned emeralds and rich olive greens. Layering is the word of the season because it’s the quickest way to add style with the pieces you have in your closet. Draping a scarf around your neck or bundling a coat over a sweater is a surefire way to transition yourself from a summer beach bum to a fall fashionista.
One more tip: Don’t feel like you have to dress like a New Yorker attending a fashion show when it comes to revamping your summer to fall wardrobe. Wear what makes you comfortable and when in doubt: layer, layer, layer. Looking for more promo codes to help you save? Check out Suzy Codes for great offers.