Is your calendar set with a list of summer festivals to attend? Or maybe you have a few weddings or trips? Either way, you might want to lighten your bag load with some two-in-one beauty products. Streamline your summer beauty routine with these five double-duty bargains.
1. L’Oreal Double Extend Lash Boosting Mascara ($13): A breakthrough, double-duty wonder, this mascara pairs up a growth-boosting primer/serum with an ultra-lengthening mascara topcoat, for longer, clump-free fringe. The serum, enriched with pro-keratin, fortifies lashes, making them less prone to breakage. Ophthalmologist and allergy-tested, this product is suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers alike.
2. Femme Couture’s Lip & Cheek Stain in Rosie Red ($12): Featuring a slick gel-stick for cheeks on one side and a long-lasting rosy lip stain on the other, this two-in-one wonder imparts the same seductively sheer flush as Benetint, but at a fraction of the price. Both ends are incredibly easy to apply, and the compact size makes it easy to tote to work (I love not having to bring along a brush and blush).
3. Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream ($12): With a creamy, foundation-like coverage, vitamin enriched moisture and a hint of broad-spectrum SPF 15, this cream is a summertime makeup bag must-have. Available in two shades—light/medium and medium/deep—this cream saves you time by combining intense moisturizing skincare and skin-perfecting coverage from mineral pigments for skin that looks naturally more even, radiant and smooth. Another bonus? It’s super light on the face, gentle to skin and non-greasy.
4. NYX Infinite Shadow Stick ($9): Waterproof, smudge-proof and, dare I say, summer-proof, this silky smooth eye pencil acts as both a liner and a shadow, creating looks that’ll last without creasing, fading or flaking. Tip: The iridescent peach “Silk” shade is a fantastic “I slept-four-hours-but-you’d-never-guess” brightener when applied to the inner eye and lower lash line.
5. NP Set Contour and Highlight Palette ($19): Didn’t win the cheekbone lottery? Yeah, me neither. Achieve gorgeously sculpted cheeks with this all-in-one bronzer, a blush and highlighter set. Define by sweeping the contouring bronzer directly underneath the cheekbone and on to the temples. Brighten up by working the rosy blush into the apples of your cheeks, blending up toward the temples. Apply the light pink highlighter above the cheekbone, to the bridge of the nose and the white iridescent highlighter on the brow bones, eyelids, inner corners of the eyes and the center of the lips for a fuller-looking pout. Hello bombshell!
Before you shop: Looking for another great double-duty beauty product this summer? Try the Rosebud Salve for under $4 at Drugstore.com. You can use it for a glow on your cheekbones, a pink tint on your lids, or for its main purpose–to soften your lips.