You may still be wearing coats and boots this month, but you’re not likely to see any more cold weather styles in the stores. Winter clearance racks are picked over. Boot displays have been replaced with sandals. And it’s time for a new season of savings.
Here are some of the best things to buy in April.
- Travel. In mid-April, you’ll find some of the best summer airfare deals for peak travel months, July and August. Book midweek for additional savings.
- Tools. Home improvement project on your to-do list? Now’s the perfect time to get the tools you need on sale. Hint: Father’s Day is just a few months away. Does Dad need anything for his toolbox?
- Vacuum cleaners. If you need a new vacuum, last year’s models go on sale in honor of spring cleaning and to make room for new models that are usually released around June.
- Spring clothes. They’ve been on the rack for months, and now that it’s appropriate to wear them, they’re going on sale. In an effort to be first, stores rush to feature the next season’s trends—that’s why you see spring clothes appearing in the middle of winter. Check out our Pinterest board of Spring fashion bargains.
- In-season produce. The start of spring brings asparagus, artichokes, pineapples and more. Strawberries hit peak season April through June. Keep in mind they have a short shelf life, which is why supermarkets offer sales like “buy one, get one free.”
One more tip—watch for sales on vinegar over the next week, thanks to the Easter egg dyeing. If you use vinegar for cleaning or cooking, stock up. Vinegar has virtually no expiration date.